Last weekend in NYC :: Saturday

It's been a while since I've left NYC, and while the happy madness of attending my best friend's wedding left me no time to think about the big change in my life, writing this blog post reminds me of the people and places I left. But let's just jump back to the epic weekend I had before I left, shall we?

We started Saturday off with a trip to the Museum of Natural History, the coolest, most awesome-est place ever! If you know me, you know I love dinosaurs (my favorite being the T-Rex). Yet, through my entire stay in the city, I never visited this museum. I now wonder why. But since I was leaving soon, we decided to go meet the prehistoric creatures, so I could say my goodbyes. Turns out, we visited the museum on the festival of Kwanzaa, a festival that celebrates the African-American heritage. We got to join in the celebrations by sketching and writing our names on a giant flex board. If you're planning a trip to the museum, I highly recommend visiting the Blue Whale and Ol' Rexy boy.

Next on our list of places to visit was the Jewish Museum to check out the Art Spiegelman exhibit. Spiegelman is a cartoonist who's most known for his graphic novel Maus, based on his parents' experience in a Nazi concentration camp. He's also known for his controversial cover art for the New Yorker. All this and more was on display for us to look through and analyze. We could have spent the entire day there, just reading through the novels. However, we had another mission to undertake, so off we went to UCB East, for an improv show! I'd never seen one, so this was very exciting for me. The show consisted of three competing groups, acting based on words given to them by the audience.

We ended the day with some spicy, greasy and delicious food, and got home feeling adequately tired and proud. We'd earlier planned for Sunday as well, but decided to assign that as a day of rest. As it should be.

Comments

Popular Posts